Thursday, September 6, 2012

Stupid-happy over the little things

Summer is over. The big exciting trips and events have passed, and now it's time to break down and weep. Wait, no.

That's not right.

What I meant to say was -- This season isn't my favorite.

So, I need things to look forward to. And believe it or not, I get a lot of joy out of these small things. In fact, this is the stuff that keeps me going though the Fall/Winter.

I want to make a list so I have something to look at while the countdown to Summer continues on.

The fangirl me is excited about:

-The Casual Vacancy (September 27th)
-A Mother's Nightmare (September 29th)
-Struck by Lightening Movie/Book (Date Not Announced)
-Darren's New Album (Not Yet Announced but we all know it's coming... Eventually. One Day.)
-The XX - Coexist Album (September 11th)
-Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams (October 9th)
-Mumford & Sons - Babel (September 24th)
-Downton Abbey (September 16th)  
-American Horror Story (October 17th)
-The Walking Dead (October 14th)
-The Vampire Diaries (October 11th)
-Doctor Who (It's already back, but it comes on every week... What can I say? I'm excited!!)

Less superficial excitements:

-Hot Tea
-Scarves
-Hats
-Sweaters
-Home made soups
-Jane Austin and Shakespeare
-Candles
-Twinkle lights
-Breakfast dates with Brit
-Hot water bottles
-Pumpkin spiced lattes
-Baked Stuff

And yup... That's what's going to get me through what I call the 'dark times'.
I'm sure I've forgotten some things. And there's always new stuff showing up to surprise me as I go. But for now, this is what I cling to. This is how I remind myself that it's not all bad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment