Tuesday, September 4, 2012

This is your life!!! -- Without school

I’ve graduated. And now I’m doing that thing where I have to kinda figure out what I want to do with my life.

Oh wait; was I supposed to do that a long time ago? Like… Before I declared a major????

………..

I knew I forgot something.

Fact is, I’m still trying to figure out not only what I want to do, but also with what I can do. Which basically sums up an entire generations goal ATM.

So it’s good to know I’m not alone…

But the fact is, I need to start getting serious about this whole moving forward thing.

So how about we take it to a vote.

I’m thinking

-Professional Television Viewer (I’d watch TV all day)
-Personal Life Consultant (I make you into the person I think you should be)
-Opinion Processor (I would give the world my opinion on things)

Or my fall back choice.

-Professional Body Builder (I really think I should be the one to break the stereotype)

Yeah yeah yeah… Ok, so maybe this isn’t the best way to deal with the whole ‘make a life plan’ thing, but I need to start somewhere!!

And this is the kind of thing I like to do. Make unrealistic lists that are just a little bit stupid. Follow your bliss and all that.

So I guess the question is how do I manage practicality with enjoyment and pleasure?

A lot of the ‘adults’ in my life have kind of sacrificed their enjoyment, fun, and pleasure for a life of toil and duty. As much as I respect those virtues, I can’t help but believe in the fact that it’s not necessary.

Why do I need to lose the magic??

I see people out of my inner circle doing this every day. They laugh, play, make stupid jokes, and know what a meme is, while still managing to be responsible – fruitful adults.  

Maybe in my little corner of the world people just have the wrong idea.

Because I’ve seen others make it work. It’s not perfect. Maybe even a little bit risky.

But really, what’s the point if you’re just slugging your way through??

It probably makes me sound incredibly young, but… I just. I can’t let that happen. I refuse. I have fought far too hard to have that be my life.

So if I want to spend the day baking brownies and making glitter jars that’s ok. As long as I can pay my bills and take care of my responsibilities I won’t let myself feel bad for having fun.

2 comments:

  1. I personally like the professional life consultant. I'd hire you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what? As soon as I get my life together, I'll take you up on that!! ;-)

      Delete