Thursday, June 14, 2012

ALL the emotions

Jealously is an unsavory emotion. We all know how it attacks the heart and soul. Eating away at any chance of peace or happiness.

But sometimes I think jealously gets a bad wrap.

Like all the 'negative' emotions, people work really hard to push their jealously away, suppress it, or pretend it isn't there.

And I get it. I do.

Why would someone want to catch themselves feeling something that has a connotation with immaturity, selfishness, or greediness?

But here's the thing. Like EVERY EMOTION, the feeling behind the sensation is there to alert us of what's going on deeper within us.

It's a 'more of this' 'less of that' mechanism. Feelings guide us and alert us as to what we need to do in our lives.

So ENOUGH of this bullshit about cultivating happiness.

Because you know what? You'll feel happy when you're living a life you like. It'll come naturally. And people actually fail pretty hard when searching for happiness in and of itself.

We put too much pressure on how we should or shouldn't be feeling.

Lets just embrace being human. Let's make it ok to feel everything and stop trying to shame ourselves and others experiences.

I'm writing about this because I think I really need to hear it.

I've had jealously coming from some surprising sources recently. And my knee jerk reaction was to chastise myself pinch my nose and say 'EW EW EW!!! This won't do!!! This is gross, you MUST go away and go away quickly at that!!!'

But you know what?? No. Shut the fuck up self.

This feeling is teaching me a lot about myself. And it's good to understand all the multitudes of my own personality.

So I'm just going to sit tight and pay close attention. We'll go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment